Interface defines the entire set of data fields whose values can be transferred to a form by FeetPort. There are so many different type of interfaces for input of information to fulfil clients requirement based on form structure. Appropriate interface can be chosen from the list available at right side in Data Form module.
TYPES OF CORE INTERFACES
There are different types of Core Interfaces and each interface is unique and important in its own way :
- Page Break : It is a marker that tells the user that the content which follows is part of a new page.
- Header : It is an heading identifier placed across the activity to make data sets.
- Name : This is the field with text media type which capture the name of the user/client.
- Address : This field captures the address like house number, city, country, state etc.
- Phone : Mobile numbers can be captured under this field.
- Text : This field can have text based content.
- Email : This field is for entering the email address of the user.
- Date/Time : This field is for entering the particular date and time of the day the form is filled.
- Single- Selection : This interface is for selecting one single option with choices given.
- Multi- Selection : This interface is for selecting more than one option with choices given.
- Currency : This field is for entering the amount for any payment to be collected from any customer.
- Rating : This field is for capturing the feedback of the customer.
- Document - Scanner : This interface scans any kind of ID proof and any other legal document.
- Audio : This interface records the audio of the customer if required.
- Video : This interface records the video of the customer or any other thing if required.
- Reference Id : This field is used when a customer refers to another customer.
- Location : This field captures the current location of the customer with the user.
- Search : This field is for searching the collection to be mapped with the form.
- File : This interface is for attaching any kind of document required.
TYPES OF HYBRID INTERFACES
There are interfaces which have some advanced features these are called as Hybrid Interfaces, we have listed them to give you a brief about them :
- Web Services : Set of records uploaded from the Manager Console which can be retrieved in the mobile application just by clicking a Button. There is no need of hash key to search Information, just click on a Button and information is auto populated in the fields as mapped from Manager console.
- Collection : It is a systematic approach to gather, store and retrieve set of records which is uploaded from the Manger Console as per requirement. Collection can be deployed differently for every client.
- QR code : It is short for Quick Response which can be read quickly by cell phone.It is used to take a piece of information from a transitory media and put it in to cell phone.It can store and digitally present much more data, including URL links, Geo coordinates and text. This interface is provided in the Manager Console because different users/clients/companies want to disseminate information to the general public.
- NFC : FeetPort provide NFC interface to mark the attendance. NFC tags/stickers pasted on the Identity cards of the employee whose attendance needs to be marked. These are bind in the Application.These tags/stickers are scanned with the cell phone having FeetPort application and hence attendance is marked.
- File Upload : Users can upload files with extension PDF, DOC/DOCX, PPT/PPTX, XLS/XLSX, JPG, GIF, PNG as per their requirement.
Attributes are the specifications that defines the properties of the fields. Attribute gives the characteristics of the entity. Depending upon the customer's requirement attributes can be configured to customize the interface in the format.
Following are the attributes with a brief description:
- Interface Sub-type : Interface Sub-type Options can be applied to any field type with media like text. Available options: Single, Multi, Integer, Decimal, Phone, Date, Time, Date/time, Radio, CheckBox, DropDown, With Symbol, With abbrev, Single,Range, With Address, Without Address. For Image available options of Interface Sub-Type can be Transparent,With background, Selfie only and both cameras. For Video available options are: With Audio, Without Audio. For Complex available options are: Service and Button and for Collection available options are: tags, meter.
- Interface Sub-Options : Interface Sub-Options can be given for any field type with media like text, collection, file with options like define units, address, city, state, postal code, country, PDF, DOC/DOCX, PPT/PPTX, XLS/XLSX, JPG, GIF, PNG.
- Media type: Media can be of any type e.g. text, collection, image, audio, video, file.
- Add On Interface : Add on Interface can be given to any field with media like text. The available option is bar code.
- Overlay : Overlay can be given for any field type with media like Image, Video.The available options are date time, address, coordinates, date and time.
- Quality : Quality can be given for any field type with media like Image, Audio, Video. The available options are Good, Better, Best.
- Orientation : Orientation can be given for any field type with media like Image,Audio,Video. The available options are portrait, Landscape, Auto.
- Label : It guides application user what the corresponding input fields mean.
- Field Instructions : Field instructions are the extra information you add to a form field for the users to read.
- Min Length : The min length attribute sets the minimum number of characters or numeric value that an input or text area can accept.
- Max length : It allows you to set maximum length of characters or numeric value that an input or text area can accept.
- App Task List : It is used to organize and prioritise your tasks. It can be applied to any field with media type text and collection.
- Visibility : It provides a method for hiding or displaying fields, to user type : office / mobile.
- Default Value : Default field values automatically insert the value of a custom field when a new record is created. You can use a default value on a formula for some types of fields or give user freedom to enter value.
- Read Only : Read only fields or non editable fields can be useful with default values or when pre -filled values that we want our users to be able to see but not be able to edit.
- Unique : It is used to return only distinct (different) values. Setting a form field as Unique will not accept any duplicate values for the field, while submitting the form.
- Mandatory : Mandatory fields are questions that must be answered before the form can be submitted. Mandatory fields are also called “compulsory” or “required” fields.
- Priority : The priority field indicates the level of importance given to a task which in turn indicates how readily a task or assignment can be delayed or split during resource levelling.